Today we’re announcing the 2.0.0a2 release of the IDAES Integrated Platform.
This is the first of two public alpha releases before the full 2.0 release of the IDAES IP coming late November / early December.
Please see the details below on the changes in this release and how the goal of this release (and the next alpha release in August/Sept) is to help people prepare for the 2.0 release.
IDAES-PSE 2.0.0a2 Release Highlights
Deprecations and Moved Files:
- In preparation for the upcoming IDAES v2.0 release, the IDAES repository has been significantly reorganized to better group content and reduce the number of top-level directories
- In order to facilitate a smooth transition, the existing folder structure will remain in place until the v2.0 release in November with redirection links to the new location of most modules
- Importing a module from its old location will be redirected to the new location and a deprecation warning logger with a pointer to the new location
- A new API has been implemented for costing of process equipment in IDAES
- The old costing methods will continue to be supported with deprecation warnings until the v2.0 release in November after which they will be removed
- Users of these tools should begin converting their code to use the new costing APIs
reporting_unitsoption to the IDAES configuration dictionary to allow users to specify specific output units for quantities
- All IDAES reporting functions will convert quantities to thee units defined in this dictionary
- Added units of measurement to IDAES stream tables and reporting functions
- Unit model for carbon capture using MEA solvent, including detailed correlations for heat and mass transfer with enhancement factor
- Added support for units of measurement and scaling tools to the gas_solid_contactor model library
- Addition of a new lumped capacitance model for 0D heat exchangers which includes effects of conduction through the heat exchanger walls
- New models for solid oxide fuel cells and solid oxide electrolysis cells
- New models for natural gas pipelines
- Added full support for PySMO tools to the new surrogate modeling API
- Added support for multiple inputs and output to PySMO and associated data sampling tools
- Improved error handling for ALAMOpy in cases where ALAMO executable encounters errors
- New API for implementing costing of process equipment and flows
- Added new supported platforms for IDAES binaries
For detailed instructions on how to get started using the the Integrated Platform, as well as examples, tutorials and references, take a look at our online documentation.
As always, questions and feedback are welcome and very much encouraged.