IDAES Integrated Platform 1.11.0 released
Highlights for this release are:
- New component: SkeletonUnitModel – a generic unit model object for surrogate and custom unit models
- Improving access to time domain: All Flowsheets now have a ‘time’ property which will return the local time domain
- Support for additional properties in Generic Property Framework: Ideal solids, Henry’s Law, molar volume, osmotic pressure, diffusivity and viscosity
- Improved scaling methods for Mixer and Separator
- Updating some imports from Pyomo due to changes in Pyomo 6.1
- Prototype support for precipitation reactions using solubility products (still needs refinement)
Deprecation warnings slated to be removed (and become errors) in next release (1.12.0):
- Directly setting
reaction_block_class when creating property packages will no longer be allowed: users should set
- Old style property packages that do not use
Component objects will no longer be supported (i.e. those that create the
- IDAES will no longer support using strings to defining units of measurement in property packages. Property developers should use Pyomo units (or
- Users will need to define units for the time domain in dynamic simulations.
For detailed instructions on how to get started using the the Integrated Platform, as well as examples, tutorials and references, take a look at our online documentation.
As always, questions and feedback are welcome and very much encouraged.
Feel free to send an email to the IDAES support team or for a wider audience post to the public discussion forum at our idaes-pse github repo where the full source code is available.